Remainders: Have charter schools rounded a funding corner?
- The UFT official who once showed charter schools were under-funded thinks equity is now near.
- Union activist Norm Scott likes the questions that were on the cue cards.
- Rotherham says that “regulatory capture in education is hardly news.”
- In a book review, Tom Toch says the challenge of school improvement is in scaling up.
- A push for “career and technical education,” the next-generation vocational model.
- Flagging the importance of training, not just recruiting, excellent teachers.
- “Please don’t throw any shoes at me,” Arne Duncan told the national school board association.
- Could it be that Randi Weingarten and Michelle Rhee agree on how to evaluate teachers?