- The number of parents running for seats on district councils is down from two years ago. (Daily News)
- City Limits probes the low numbers of black and Hispanic students at the city’s specialized schools.
- More than 1,500 students vied for 100 spots at Democracy Prep Charter School in Harlem. (WCBS, Post)
- A second-round high school fair didn’t give much hope to an eighth grader without a spot. (Daily News)
- The Post pokes fun at Comptroller William Thompson for his recent exchange with Joel Klein.
- Nationwide, half of all teachers will reach retirement age in the next decade. (Times, USA Today)
- D.C. schools chief Michelle Rhee is designing a way to evaluate her teachers. (Washington Post)
- Charter schools upstate are struggling with the freeze on their budgets for next year. (Buffalo News)