- Norm finds the latest installment in that giant study of NYC charter schools by Caroline Hoxby.
- Mayor Bloomberg said mayoral control will save schools, which could allow us to save democracy.
- Announcing the big report from McKinsey, Joel Klein said that tenure needs to be overhauled.
- Sharpton said that the new opponents of civil rights are “Professor James Crow, rather than Jim Crow.”
- Another take on the Supreme Court case about ELL’s: Is it money or is it better teaching that’s needed?
- Oklahoma “won’t have the fox guarding the hen house”: the accountability office is going independent.
- There’s a new documentary coming out about how hard it is to get into private nursery schools.