- An Economist reporter says a KIPP school in Newark was one of his most fun school visits, ever.
- A new report concludes that the city’s graduation rate for students with special needs is “abysmal.”
- The DOE’s chief lobbyist wishes the New York Post weren’t dredging up last year’s political fights.
- Pissed Off Teacher has photographic evidence of what a teacher’s office typically looks like.
- Education reformers pick and choose the data they cite, Debbie Meier says on Bridging Differences.
- Dan Brown: Remember, the vast majority of teachers have nothing to do with Teach For America.
- Teacher tenure is under scrutiny in Los Angeles, too.
- Chicago students are mostly attending non-selective colleges, even after high school gains there.
- Gerald Bracey says President Obama is carrying on a long tradition of public school fear-mongering.