- Randi Weingarten says teachers should be getting involved in the project of studying teacher quality.
- A charter school advocate says the outgoing Regents chancellor was a big supporter of charters.
- A Brooklyn principal has been reassigned for allegedly fudging students’ transcripts.
- A call for a report that would scrutinize the quality of teacher education across America.
- Surprise! The Milton Friedman Foundation finds many research studies show vouchers work.
- Antonucci wonders if the future of labor will involve teachers unions. He’s skeptical on a NEA-AFT merger.
The federal Department of Education will upgrade its web site after years of criticism.
- Dana Goldstein flags a City Paper investigation shining light on Michelle Rhee’s foundation friends.
- Will NCLB’s tutoring component go on the chopping block? Charlie Barone marshals reasons to keep it.