- A DOE employee says she blogs in order to make educator voices heard.
- Alexander Russo says Arne Duncan doesn’t make waves; Flypaper disagrees.
- Ty’Sheoma Bethea, the girl who sat with Michelle Obama during the president’s speech, is famous.
- A parent proposes a “day of action” to publicize concerns with current trends in school reform.
- NYSUT issues a late news flash about the law banning use of test scores to determine tenure.
- A parent’s diary from the middle school search; don’t judge until you step inside!
- Will Richardson highlights a compilation of research in favor of teachers using social networking.
- A new budget proposal in Ohio puts charter schools there at risk of having to shut down.
- Sawchuck: Reducing class size is one of few policies backed by “good research,” but it’s sooo expensive.