- Staffing all schools with graduates of top colleges won’t be possible, a researcher concludes.
- Jennifer Freeman wonders how the DOE can support charters and also dissuade choice elsewhere.
- Steve Koss questions why one charter school made its third-graders come to school yesterday.
- A proposal is on the table for School Leadership Teams to be able to edit schools’ DOE Web sites.
- Alexander Russo says Arne Duncan is exaggerating his record leading Chicago’s schools.
- The Times of London takes on the thorny topic of how admissions decisions should be made.
- Edwize passes on the word that the AFT wants teachers to support the Employee Free Choice Act.
- And Pissed Off Teacher reminds you to enjoy today’s only-once-in-a-while Square Root Day.