Rise & Shine: Bloomberg predicts a mayoral control deal
- Mayor Bloomberg told the Post he thinks he will make a deal with lawmakers over mayoral control.
- The Post says “kids come last” for the teachers union, so mayoral control should be preserved.
- A Bronx principal is under investigation for maintaining a “hate list” of teachers. (Post)
- Schools in the Riverdale section of the Bronx get free rent for their fundraising events. (Riverdale Press)
- A Bronx mom is suing over what she says are dangerous PCB levels at her kids’ school. (Daily News)
- A third grader brought a five-inch knife to his Brooklyn elementary school, officials say. (Daily News)
- The Times says states should forgo their annual ritual of playing chicken with education dollars.
- Arne Duncan is set to push school reforms with his $5 billion “innovation” fund. (Washington Post)
- The school voucher movement is in jeopardy under the Obama administration. (Wall Street Journal)