- Three new citywide gifted programs are opening this fall. (GothamSchools, City Room, Daily News, Post)
- Charter schools are funding a parent campaign for mayoral control, Juan Gonzalez says. (Daily News)
- Despite new financial incentives, schools still aren’t hiring many excessed teachers. (Daily News)
- The DOE’s proposed capital plan costs nearly twice as much per seat as the current one. (Daily News)
- Some pre-kindergarten programs are losing extra funds that let them stay open all day. (Daily News)
- A survey found that most downtown residents want mayoral control changes. (Downtown Express)
- Randi Weingarten clarifies the UFT’s position on mayoral control in a letter to the Wall Street Journal.
- Michelle Obama and other powerful women took to the D.C. schools yesterday. (Times, Washington Post)