- In our community section, Jason Levy says as a principal he’s basically Jack Bauer from “24.”
- KIPP’s super-booster, Jay Mathews, weighs in on troubles at KIPP schools in Brooklyn and California.
- Supporters of Brooklyn’s PS 150 protested today against the DOE’s plan to close the school.
- The Times decided the biggest news at the mayor’s press conference today was his first aid skills.
- Edu-wonk heavyweights Andrew Rotherham and Richard Whitmire scrutinize Randi Weingarten.
- The conservative columnist George Will likes what he sees in education secretary Arne Duncan.
- In England, half of standardized tests got the wrong grades last year.
- Think planning for summer is tough? Mom Marni Goltsman says it’s harder for kids with special needs.
- Every single school employee in Pontiac, Mich., is getting fired this year. Most will be rehired.