- The city says students who are just learning English are doing better than ever. (Times, GothamSchools)
- The Christian Science Monitor takes an in-depth look at how teachers are paid.
- Fewer city schools are failing, according to the state and NCLB. (Post, Daily News, NY1, GothamSchools)
- Families in Queens are worried about a plan to move their school off a college campus. (Daily News)
- A school custodian charged $100,000 for work that was never done, investigators say. (Post)
- States are having trouble figuring out how to use special education stimulus funds. (Education Week)
- Many foundations that give to education are reducing their donations this year. (Education Week)
- The New York Observer editorializes in support of charter schools.