- Russo reports that a KIPP teacher dropped out of the union drive. UFT confirmed to me.
- San Francisco students are getting cell phones — to monitor their carbon footprints.
- Andy Rotherham announces a winner in his rename NCLB contest: just add excellence.
- How to succeed at expanding Geoff Canada’s promise zone into “promise neighborhoods.”
- Unions should control the teacher-evaluation process. Rotherham is skeptical.
- Mike Smith, who’s now working for Obama, is “somewhat skeptical” of national standards.
- Arne Duncan is suggesting that the better a district uses stimulus funds, the more it’ll get.
- Helen’s account of the Bronx mayoral control hearing: English language learners center stage.