- The DOE plans to prep a few below-grade-level students to enter specialized high schools. (Post)
- The Post takes a look at one school where teachers received performance bonuses last year.
- An investigation found that a DOE official used $55,000 in DOE funds on himself. (Daily News, Post)
- The number of families applying for free lunch in the city is up by 4 percentage points. (Daily News)
- The Times says Congress needs to back up Obama’s education speech when it reauthorizes NCLB.
- Nationally, substitute teacher applications are up, but New York City isn’t accepting them. (USA Today)
- Schools with wealthy parents get more donations from parents. (Riverdale Press)
- A former DOE official is closing dozens of Baltimore schools without phasing them out. (Baltimore Sun)
- On a new New York Times blog, experts debate the best way to teach new immigrant students.