- Someone with a sense of humor is creating fake Keep It Going NYC subway ads.
- Flypaper gives Obama’s speech a 7 out of 10 on its Reform-o-meter.
- Mark ed committee members “usually present” on Gotham Gazette’s City Council attendance ranking.
- NYC Educator has an answer for everything his union rep says.
- After buying the Brooklyn Paper today, Rupert Murdoch owns all the newspapers in Brooklyn now.
- Conventional wisdom says farming required the long summer break. But rich urbanites are to blame, too.
- Alexander Russo has story ideas for education reporters more enterprising than he is.
- Public Advocate Betsy Gotbaum isn’t letting up in her push for comprehensive sex education.
- The Guardian UK profiles a British Quaker school that has an exchange program with D.C.’s Sidwell Friends School.