- The race gap at the specialized high schools didn’t close with this year’s test results.
- Most parents are very concerned about the prospect of teacher layoffs, Insideschools finds.
- The Education Equality Project wants you to write your legislator in support of the stimulus bill.
- Mike Petrilli says Linda Darling-Hammond is set to join the U.S. Department of Education.
- There were surprises galore for specialized high school applicants at the Morton School.
- The DOE announced today that the video game school from this 2007 article is set to open.
- Down in Baltimore, former DOE deputy chancellor Andres Alonso is chatting live with parents.
- The state teachers union wants your advice about how state testing should change.
And be sure to check in tomorrow for a special weekend post — GothamSchools’ first ever!