- The high school fair is upon us, but the city hasn’t yet released a full list of the high schools open next year.
- The head of a CEC, the parent groups that replaced community school boards, explains what they are.
- Deborah Meier compares Mayor Bloomberg’s school reforms to a Ponzi scheme.
- Lisa Nielsen says you’re not too old for Facebook. Indeed. Please become a fan of GothamSchools.
Robert Pondiscio has suggestions for those suffering from Eduwonkette withdrawal.
- A study argues that firing least-senior teachers first hurts students and programs. (Via Joanne Jacobs.)
- A Kentucky-based government-transparency zealot cheers a mainstream newspaper for catching on.
- And here’s what Michelle Obama said to U.S. Department of Ed staff, via Russo: