UPDATE: The original version of this post incorrectly summarized Ken Hirsh’s post. Charter schools do not grade their own tests; they administer their own tests. Apologies.
- Montgomery County, Maryland, led the state to No. 1 AP exam status. Am I proud? Hell yes.
- New York State did well on Advanced Placement tests, too. New York City: let’s say medium-rare.
- Ken Hirsh says charter school leaders are upset about a lack of controls on test administration.
- An Insideschools staffer makes an emotional pitch for more help for her autistic son.
- A pro-No Child Left Behind civil rights activist is joining the Obama administration.
- Will Richardson is upset at how few educators (25%) feel comfortable teaching Internet safety.
- Governor Paterson is looking more and more like Governor Spitzer by the minute.
- NYC Educator offers his counter-myths for Jay Mathews’ myths about KIPP.
- Sarah Palin’s calls for more school funds to Alaska do not impress conservatives at Jay Greene’s blog.