- Manhattan’s Brandeis High School is closing. (GothamSchools, Times, Daily News)
- Parents in Queens ask why one school on a block is crowded while one is almost empty. (Daily News)
- Several school bus companies are under investigation for fraud. (Times)
- ESPN will help a new Manhattan high school teach about sports professions. (Post)
- Girls at some schools aren’t happy that the DOE agreed to move their soccer season. (Daily News)
- The Daily News says no to the UFT’s mayoral control proposals.
- Federal stimulus money might not stop teacher layoffs everywhere. (Wall Street Journal)
- The Times editorializes in favor of attaching strings to the stimulus money.
- A Chicago lawmaker has launched a quixotic quest to stop school closures. (Chicago Tribune)