- Patrick Sullivan offers a round-up of what happened at Monday’s PEP meeting.
- Obama’s proposed FY2010 budget funds pre-K, charter schools, and college graduation programs.
Dana Goldstein thinks the budget also offers more evidence Obama is tilting towards national standards.
- Possible supporting reason: So are governors, an important constituency to win on that question.
- Will Richardson agrees with concerns with Arne Duncan. Debbie Meier ramps up her rhetoric.
- Speaking of people with concerns, a Broader Bolder meeting happened in D.C. today.
- And: Diane Ravitch suggested the feds punish districts that try to improve schools by shutting them down.
- A chorus of voices ask the Obama administration to preserve the D.C. voucher program.