- A Brookings study (PDF) ranks urban schools and puts NYC at No. 7. Via Kent in Dallas (which was 2).
- Tom Toch reports that Arne Duncan picked Jon Schnur, our fave poster boy, as his chief of staff.
- Kevin Carey offers a good roundup of recent answers to the “What are 21st century skills?” question.
- The principal at the South Carolina school Obama mentioned last night tells NPR he needs a new building.
- George W. Bush visited a school today. “Do you know who I am?” “George Washington!” was the reply.
- Teachers unions were disappointed by a court ruling yesterday banning them from political donations.
- Joanne Jacobs points out that education was the third challenge Obama listed last night.