- At Insideschools, an explanation of why parents should get involved in their local councils.
- After its Times mention, Eduwonk’s contest to rename NCLB has more than 400 entries.
- NYC Educator praises a surprisingly diligent substitute teacher.
- A Brooklyn high school teacher shares his classroom management techniques.
- The steel framework for a new charter school building in Brooklyn is up, Brownstoner reports.
- Democrats for Education Reform has suggestions for Arne Duncan’s stimulus spending.
- Alexander Russo talks to one of KIPP AMP’s organizing teachers.
- NCLB’s not so bad after all, realizes A Midwestern mom.