- Using the mayor’s teacher layoff threats to teach math to fifth-graders.
- In our new Community section, Ken Hirsh asks, What does teaching to the test look like?
- And Aaron Pallas answers Seth Andrew’s creaming question by analyzing data at Andrew’s own school.
- A teacher says she can’t do her job well if she’s pulled from one class to another with no notice.
- Milwaukee considers mayoral control, and finds it’s not a “cure-all.” Via John at Teachable Moment.
- Union muckraker Mike Antonucci finds that the AFT has about 725,000 active members, most based here.
- Joe Williams flags an interesting Ed Week story on a compromise between divided Democrats.
- A college student begs President Obama not to make community college totally free.