- “You know nothing,” a parent told Garth Harries last night, Helen reports. (Philissa’s coverage is here.)
- Andy Rotherham starts a contest to help Arne Duncan find a new name for No Child Left Behind.
- Russo flags a new project to expand education journalism. Don’t mind saying I’m in favor.
- Modernizing school buildings is a key part of the stimulus, says Politics K12. Dana Goldstein has more.
- An argument that the NAACP is not living up to its history, despite new leadership. TAPPED has insights.
- Study: poor families of color are more likely to want “authoritarian”-style teaching.
- Hispanic males have the worst graduation rates in Massachusetts, Whitmire reports.
- The online “voting” for community education councils gives straw power to parents, a CEC president says.
- The AFT has a new budget ad: the “Fight for America’s Future,” Edwize says.