- We are chirping into Twitter land. Please advise.
- Among the UFT’s list of recommended budget cuts: downsize accountability and downsize the press office.
- St. Louis lawmakers are lumping charter schools in with sex-toy shops and liquor stores. (Via Eduwonk.)
- The stimulus the Senate passed has more edu-dollars than the entire USDOE discretionary budget.
- Head Start is a stimulus; it provides jobs, often to poor women, and helps parents work. (Via Early Stories.)
- Head Start should not go into the stimulus with no strings attached.
- Arne Duncan seems to be creeping toward national standards.
- Richard Whitmire asks Congress to remember charter schools when writing the stimulus.
- Diane Ravitch says the “miracle teacher” is a myth.