- The city’s math NAEP scores are either up a little or not. (GothamSchools, Times, Daily News, Post, NY1)
- NAEP math scores were flat in most cities, with Washington D.C. the big exception. (Wall Street Journal)
- D.C. (non-charter) schools were alone in posting a significant jump in both grades. (Washington Post)
- Beth Fertig’s latest piece about learning math is about students succeeding after years of failure. (WNYC)
- A janitor at James Madison HS found two teachers naked while students were nearby. (Daily News)
- The mother of an autistic student at PS 308 is angry after the school put him on the wrong bus. (NY1)
- The FDA’s requirements for fast food meat are more stringent than for school lunches. (USA Today)
- The Wall Street Journal is thrilled that “despite the odds,” charter schools appear to be thriving.