- A report from TNTP asked Ohio faculty if they have colleagues they think should be fired but haven’t been.
- A third of those teachers said yes. Jamie Davies O’Leary at Flypaper thinks that number is very high…
- …While Corey Bunje Bower calls that percentage “almost laughably low.”
- The city principals union testified before City Council that dedicated arts funding should be restored.
- A teacher is surprised to learn that one of his third-grade students doesn’t know how to sing his ABC’s.
- Teacher Chaz accuses the DOE of dismantling Jamaica High School step by step.
- D.C. charter schools will now receive the same police protection as traditional public schools in the district.
- And NYC educator says there isn’t really a boom of classroom seats in Queens.
Remainders: A debate on teacher quality brews in Ohio
By Maura Walz