- For the second time in two years, the city’s land-use deal with private schools was deemed illegal.
- Tom Carroll: the real obstacle for NY’s RttT hopes isn’t the teachers union, it’s Albany’s inertia.
- Students’ poor grammar is cute when they’re little, but years later it’s a real problem.
- A gift for Miss Brave: a tote bag, decorated with her name and plastic slots for photos of her class.
- Attorney Gen. Andrew Cuomo’s office is representing Paterson in a lawsuit filed by education groups.
- Mr. Talk wants to embrace the words “nerd” and “geek,” not banish them from our vocabulary.
- Chaz says the mayor’s proposed changes to seniority should be a non-starter in contract negotiations.
- The federally-funded Teacher Incentive Fund seeks to examine a variety of outcomes and incentives.
- Liz Willen wonders if attending a specialized arts high school means sacrificing academics.
- A public schools satirist offers his predictions for 2010.
- And if you’re dying to know what day you’ll sit for the Math B Regents exam, here’s the schedule.
Remainders: City's private-school land use deal ruled illegal, again
By Maura Walz