- Members of District 1’s CEC took a stand against Girls Prep Charter’s expansion on the Lower East Side.
- Corey Bunje Bower worries that conversations around merit pay are never totally honest.
- Merryl Tisch says the January RttT deadline leaves lawmakers plenty of time to change charter law.
- The UFT’s Leo Casey charges the state charter association with putting ideology ahead of schools.
- Casey also calls the MTA’s cuts to free student Metro passes “class warfare against poor kids.”
- Politics K-12 handicaps state RttT chances according to whether Gates is helping with their application.
- The debate over whether students should be tracked is fueled by two new reports.
- Norm posts video from the Q&A meeting about the proposed closure of Beach Channel HS.
- Joanne Jacobs argues the state should do away with “one size fits all” diploma standards.
- And Deborah Meier proposes an alternative way for schools to share data and best practices.
Remainders: Albany has time to change laws for RttT, says Tisch
By Maura Walz