- Leonie Haimson asks where the parents Bloomberg says will flock to the city will find classroom space.
- Peter Murphy thinks Paterson’s reluctance to lift the charter cap is a jab at Obama.
- Chicago Public Schools plans to re-train security guards to curb school violence.
- The federal education department will require districts to report stimulus spending at the school level.
- Pissed Off Teacher wonders why her students who think they failed last year officially passed.
- The state teachers union is launching an ad campaign against mid-year budget cuts.
- If your child attends an out-of-district charter, what middle school do you apply to? Ask Judy answers.
- WNYC’s Beth Fertig takes a closer look at what the achievement gap in math really means.
- Teachers: what’s the view from your classroom? The Quick and the Ed wants you to send photos.
- Diane Ravitch says the best and wisest parents probably aren’t too happy with the federal ed agenda.
- And just in time for Halloween, all of your favorite ed reformers do the monster mash.
Remainders: Stimulus spending to be reported at the school level
By Maura Walz