- Thompson and Bloomberg fought over their education records in the first mayoral debate.
- Mr. Talk blasts the Daily News’ support of the Fair Student Funding model.
- Corey Bunje Bower pulls out some tidbits from the NCES’ new study on U.S. school enrollment.
- A third grade teacher shows a student that, like the cowardly lion, he just needed to find his courage.
- Leonie Haimson takes a closer look at the DOE’s new analysis of city test scores.
- Nevada seems to be taking a pass on federal Race to the Top funding….
- …While California moves closer to eligibility for the stimulus money.
- Peter Murphy defends an Albany charter school’s taping of its teachers.
- NYSUT endorses the Republican candidate for 23rd Congressional district.
- Ed Money Watch has a guide to understanding Title I funding.
- The director of Washington’s Sidwell Friends School is one of the “most powerful” in D.C.
- The US DOE is funding new centers on math education and turning around struggling schools.
- And tune in to the Leonard Lopate Show tomorrow — teacher/blogger Mrs. Mimi will be a guest.
Remainders: Two states part ways on Race to the Top
By Maura Walz