- The city continues to be months or even years late in getting special ed payments to parents. (Post)
- Chancellor Klein told business leaders the city schools are doing well. (GothamSchools, Times, NY1)
- Klein emphasized that schools in Queens and Staten Island are on par with the state. (Post, Daily News)
- The head of Opportunity Charter says there should be more special ed charter schools. (Daily News)
- The city should not give up on Fair Student Funding, an education expert argues. (Daily News)
- Protesters targeted a New Jersey school where students praised President Obama. (AP)
- Two Virginia politicians say private industry could save the nation’s aging schoolhouse stock. (Times)
- The Times editorializes in favor of “common-sense” discipline policies, not zero-tolerance ones.
- GED classes are hard to find in NYC, which has a GED pass rate lower than D.C.’s, the Times laments.