- The state education commissioner said the DOE gave some power to principals illegally. (Daily News)
- The head of the city’s principal union says the DOE should save money by testing less often. (WNYC)
- Kids at Newcomers High School in Queens discuss Obama’s election. (Voice of America)
- Nat Hentoff, in his last Village Voice column: Students abused by school police have nowhere to turn.
- New York State is not alone in cutting funding for schools. (Education Week)
- Los Angeles might start laying off teachers during this school year. (L.A. Times)