- Some Brooklyn parents like the fact that their schools are free. (Daily News)
- Homeschooling is on the rise in New York City, just as it is nationally. (Daily News)
- Caroline Kennedy is being asked to disclose her finances after all. (Times)
- D.C. politicians are pushing for an independent review of Michelle Rhee’s reforms. (Washington Post)
- A new study shows Boston charter schools scoring high but also raises red flags. (Boston Globe)
- British officials are taking on a new school scourge: boring teaching. (BBC)
- The Times says principals, not police, should have authority over school discipline.