- Randi Weingarten, union president, says the possibility of 15,000 layoffs would be “devastating.”
- Weingarten’s foes inside the union are restless. Watch their protest video, then re-read Ravitch.
- Don’t miss this analysis by Lynette Guastaferro of the new DOE teacher data reports.
- The House passes its version of the stimulus package, merit-pay/data-system extras and all.
- Ed Week asked and Rep. Miller answered my question: Obama admin. sought those “reform” aspects.
- President Obama says lame-o to D.C. school cancellations due to snow.
- Rotherham asks if it’s better to write in permanent funds for school construction or to do a one-shot hit.
- Gifted and talented testing deadline is extended for kindergarten applicants.