- Diane Ravitch says unionizing at KIPP shows teachers will resist efforts to make them dispensable.
- The author of “Are We Rome?” chronicles the decline of penmanship.
- Ken Hirsh, the charter school supporter, is very happy with Bill Gates’ letter.
- Jonathan celebrates the end of the Math A Regents test, with reservations about the new exam’s rigor.
- As schools gird for gigantic cuts, the left-leaning Fiscal Policy Institute urges Albany to tax the rich.
- John thinks the state should write a curriculum for students who enter schools with no formal education.
- NYSUT obtains a state memo on what to do if terrible weather disrupts Regents exams.
- The Gates Foundation is rolling out grants for data systems.