- CUNY’s new ambitious plan to raise dismal graduation rates could involve Gates Foundation support.
- More details about that study that found Obama closed the achievement gap from U.S. News.
- Eduwonkette bemoans the fact that the average young American spends 87% of her time out of school.
- Ed Week, the education world’s newspaper of record, is laying off staff.
- What if Joe Torre were a public school teacher, and schools were movies?
- A U.S. DOE staffer says people there feel confident Arne Duncan will not be an ideologue. (Via Flypaper)
- EdWize thinks Bill Gates’ idea to gather good teacher lectures in one place has a fatal, one-word flaw.