- Getting through high school is not enough: The college dropout rate is also steadily dismal.
- Fordham encourages universities to compare charter schools’ effectiveness to traditional public schools.
- Another Paul Tough piece on Harlem Children’s Zone is out, in Mother Jones. (Via EarlyStories.)
- Happiness with the DOE web site’s new “Community Input” page.
- Mike Petrilli argues that the terrible economy could help weed out the worst charter schools.
- Joanne Jacobs flags the next Texas miracle: a 100-0 high school basketball victory.
- Job help for ATR’s is moving apace, says New York Teacher.
- Russo says Brooklyn is evidence that gentrified neighborhoods don’t necessarily mean gentrified schools.