- MONDAY: We looked at two plans for re-zoning schools on the Upper West Side.
- TUESDAY: We learned that finding a kindergarten for a child with special needs can be tough, that teachers aren’t getting enough sleep, and that some parents and community leaders think New York’s students are over-tested.
- WEDNESDAY: We saw Bloomberg call for major budget cuts and Randi Weingarten push for schools as community centers and try to solve the Absent Teacher Reserve problem .
- THURSDAY: We wrote about teachers seeking National Board Certification and wondered where our Assembly Ed Committee Members were during Tuesday’s ELL roundtable.
- FRIDAY: We introduced a new accountability model being proposed by the state, and looked into the fate of excessed teachers.
And if you missed the daily news round-ups, they archive under headlines.
About our First Person series:
First Person is where Chalkbeat features personal essays by educators, students, parents, and others trying to improve public education. Read our submission guidelines here.