- MONDAY: We discussed vocabulary development and Obama’s “Promise Neighborhoods” proposal, modeled on the Harlem Children’s Zone.
- TUESDAY: We wondered about the best way to assess the effectiveness of the new Core Knowledge Reading Program.
- WEDNESDAY: We analyzed Barack Obama’s education speech and researched the International Baccalaureate program.
- THURSDAY: We took a look at teacher performance pay programs around the country.
- FRIDAY: We learned that “no excuses” schools are on the rise in England and got some expert advice on homework.
And if you missed the morning news roundups, they archive under headlines.
About our First Person series:
First Person is where Chalkbeat features personal essays by educators, students, parents, and others trying to improve public education. Read our submission guidelines here.