- Performance bonuses for schools will go out soon, and schools have to decide how to divide the money among teachers. (Daily News, Post)
- The DOE is expanding its middle school plan, which helped about two-thirds of targeted schools achieve above-average test score gains last year. (Post)
- Michael Phelps personally delivered a check to support youth swimming programs to the 14th St. YMCA. (Post)
- Some teachers in Harrold, TX, will be carrying concealed guns at school this year. (Times)
- The Clayton County, GA school system has lost its accreditation after ethics violations by four school board members. (Times)
- An essay in the Wall Street Journal urges parents to take education seriously at home.
- In editorials, the Post and Sun question NYC’s test score increases in light of declining SAT scores.