- To deal with overcrowding, several school districts are grappling with the specter of rezoning. Parents in Greenwich Village, the Upper East Side, and Brownstone Brooklyn are especially frightened. (Sun)
- The DOE says it wrongly denied pre-K seats to 200 families and says its working toward a fix. (Post)
- Sam Freedman writes his final education column for the New York Times, which has been scaling back its schools coverage.
- During “PS Art” week, schools are getting free posters of George Washington and 39 other iconic images. (Sun)
- Kids skipping high school brawled in Brooklyn yesterday. (Post)
- 600 custodians may lose their jobs as a result of impending budget cuts. (Daily News)
- And at least one Queens school is already so dirty that it’s overrun with mice. (Post)