- Eduwonkette finds that the achievement gap didn’t budge in Chicago under Arne Duncan.
- Howard Fineman in Newsweek boosts Inez Tenenbaum for Ed Sec, calling other options “brand names.”
- Andy Rotherham takes the Washington Post to task for its Teach for America coverage.
- Randi Weingarten told NPR why she supports some versions of performance pay.
- Eduflack looks at TIMSS results and sees a “textbook case for mediocrity.”
- Diane Ravitch says Minnesota’s good TIMSS scores are due to “a coherent, grade-by-grade curriculum.”
- Lisa Nielsen tells a funny story about teaching teachers to use computers (scroll to the bottom).
- NYC Educator would rather not serve summer jury duty.