- Malcolm Gladwell considers teacher quality in this week’s New Yorker.
- Hendrik Hertzberg endorses class size reduction.
- Diane Ravitch asks how to expand accountability beyond test scores.
- My hometown school system gets all-time high scores on Advanced Placement tests.
- Eduwonkette reminds that even the most impressive gap-closer schools are still behind.
- Linda Darling-Hammond tells Alyson Klein to wait until next week.
- Pondiscio and Petrilli school Jonathan Alter for being too casual about how hard it is to improve schools.
- Mike Antonucci finds an internal NEA document showing the union pulled many members to Obama.
- Ed in the Apple says the teachers union is at a crossroads: should it pick an all-out brawl or should it change to match the changing world?