We’re making like the public schools and taking the next several days off. Regular activity (resolutely thinner, fitter, and better of course) will resume in the new year.
- Budget cuts to the city housing authority will force 19 community centers to shut down.
- The city students’ union announces a conference on effective student government.
- Patrick Sullivan called for cuts to the press and accountability offices at last week’s PEP.
- Against an apparent anti-textbook trend, an example of how a physics textbook changed a life.
- The National Governors Association is pushing for matching state standards to international ones.
- Rick Hess and Mike Petrilli argue that President Bush let No Child Left Behind get hijacked by the left.
- New research shows 35% of Teach for America members are still teaching five years out.
- Bob Herbert invokes Randi Weingarten to argue for an “attitude adjustment” on workers.