- The State Assembly is investigating the Fund for Public Schools’ disclosure-exempt status. (Times)
- Downtown Express profiles a new dual language high school that made a national best-of list.
- A Brooklyn community board conditionally approved a new middle school in DUMBO. (Brooklyn Paper)
- Lower Manhattan parents worry the new capital plan doesn’t meet their needs. (Downtown Express)
- The Times interviews a young Bronx teacher who says the kids’ hugs get her through the worst days.
- Jay Mathews says “Whatever It Takes” is a must-read about poverty and schools. (Washington Post)
- In the Daily News, Michael Rebell writes that Gov. Paterson’s budget cuts are “illegal, unfair and unwise.”
- Former Ed Sec Rod Paige argues that reforms are doomed without teacher buy-in. (Houston Chronicle)