- Campaign K12 does a quick-and-good summary of what Duncan did in Chicago.
- Checker Finn of Fordham thinks Arne Duncan will stand up to the Establishment.
- Sara Mead looks at Finland’s “subjective right to child care” before age 7.
- Kevin Carey thinks Finland is not too educational because it lacks terrible schools.
- Matthew Yglesias reports that becoming a teacher in Finland is highly competitive.
- Did I mention there was an ed press junket in Finland? Not the first time. Next time, please invite me.
- The president of the Education Writers Association is leaving the mainstream media.