- A federal education bailout may be on the way in the Obama administration.
- Michael Bennet, the new name in the Ed-Sec race, is known in Denver as “the smartest guy in the room.”
- Alfie Kohn criticizes the nameless reformers in the Nation; Yglesias disagrees.
- Leo Casey thinks he found an intelligent contribution to the post-election education debate.
- An internal union critic and blogger is excited to find his writing in the official union newspaper.
- The UFT scores a win, one of its first in representing home daycare workers.
- Helen Zelon considers a new chance for special education students to opt out of services.
- Lisa Nielsen explains how schools can start “iSquads,” in-school student IT help desks.
- An evaluation finds that teachers trained by The New Teacher Project do well in Louisiana.