We’re making like the students and taking a Thanksgiving vacation Thursday and Friday. Here are a few morsels to gnaw at when you finish the turkey.
- Inside Higher Ed makes the most complete list ever of Ed Sec possibles. (via Richard Whitmire)
- Diane Ravitch wonders about the distance between Good Intentions, Ignorant Elites, and Scoundrels.
- Did you know that I hurt my foot? Other facts about me are in this Alexander Russo interview.
- Kevin Carey reviews Malcolm Gladwell’s book, and quotes this passage on KIPP: “Schools work. The only problem with school, for the kids who aren’t achieving, is that there isn’t enough of it…”
- Arne Duncan of Chicago is killing in Flypaper’s who-will-be-Education-Secretary poll.
- Liz Willen wonders what we can learn from a school where a tradition of dressing like pilgrims became controversial.
- Ed in the Apple gives four reasons New York City small schools have high graduation rates.