- A high school student is suing after he said a school safety agent attacked him. (Daily News, Post)
- A recent forum on mayoral control drew dozens of parents who oppose the mayor. (Downtown Express)
- The New York Times adds Chicago schools chief Arne Duncan to the Ed Sec watch list.
- A federal court ruled that parents can’t sue if schools don’t tell them about NCLB options. (USA Today)
- A school that adopted management guru Steven Covey’s “7 Habits” is thriving. (Time)
- San Francisco wants all students to take a college prep program. (San Francisco Chronicle)
- Some schools do teach “21st century skills” well, Jay Mathews writes. (Washington Post)
- Joanne Jacobs takes a look at “The New Paternalism” and finds it encouraging. (City Journal)