- A new report focuses on the high cost of accountability. (GothamSchools, Times, Daily News)
- The DOE has abandoned plans to centralize kindergarten admissions. (Times)
- The Blue Man Group elementary school in the East Village focuses on play, not tests. (Post, Time)
- In an editorial, the Daily News says strong high school progress report grades vindicate mayoral control.
- Private schools in Washington, D.C., are jockeying for the Obama girls. (The Atlantic)
- Judith Winston and Linda Darling-Hammond are heading Obama’s education transition team. (WSJ)
- Three states are trying high school reforms to help prepare students for work. (Christian Science Monitor)